Hope everyone’s 4th of July was exciting! I’ll do a separate post about my wednesday, since there are many many pictures!
We decided to go to an 11am showing of Magic Mike, since tickets are half price before noon.
I was really really excited and kept saying “what a great way to start my day! A little abtastic-ness is gonna leave me smiling the rest of the morning!”
It was the worst movie I have seen in a long time! If you’re thinking about seeing it, just don’t. Wait until it comes out on dvd or Netflix. It was completely falsely advertised as a lighthearted and fun comedy, and I thought it would be fun, but I left the theater feeling bummed and confused. All I wanted to do was laugh and ogle the manly, man candy. Only the later happened.
There were so many issues:
1. Female lead was awkward, moody, emotionless and had a very annoying laugh
2. The scenes jumped too frantically from lighthearted and funny to serious, silent and weird
3. Too many “artsy” camera angles.
4. Too much silence in conversations….seriously! just spit it out already!
5. Confusing and unnecessary plot line. Half the time I had NO idea what was going on…and don’t even get me started on the crazy girl with the pet pig…or why the pig got so much screen time!????
The acting from the male leads was pretty decent (Matthew McConaughey was GREAT!) and the dancing was amazing and hilarious, but I just felt it was advertised as a comedy, when in fact, it’s more a drama. All the non dancing scenes reminded me of Twilight (as in painfully awkward, too many pauses and weird breathing…I was just sooo uncomfortable watching it)
Anyway….ranting out of the way, the rest of my day was salvaged with FROYO!!!!
(ice cream really makes everything better)
We went to 16 Handles again (I’m only 2 stamps away on my card from free froyo!)
Up close and Personal! Coconut Cream & Strawberry Kiwi froyo with yogurt chips and peanut toppings and a bit of raspberry sauce (which SHOT out of the bottle and on to the counter leaving me this close to beig covered in red syrup…it was embarrassing)
I like what my cup said. I’d like to believe I AM a flavor flaunter! haha
So have a wonderful rest of the week and go out and flaunt your flavor and live your life!