Tuesdays aren’t a really exciting day for me, so I’m going to share some of the healthy baking I did over the weekend. I’m officially obsessed with Little B’s protein bar recipe. They are the best healthy treat I have tried. I am a huge cookie/froyo/chocolate fanatic and need something sweet every day, but I am really really trying to be healthy and get into good habits before my schedule becomes so crazy busy again. (Its exciting and scary to star back up school again eeek!) So here is one of my favorite recipe I have come across for healthy treats.
1. Chocolate Chip Chick Pea Blondies
1 can chickpeas
1/4 cup quick oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
2 T Peanut Butter
2-6 packets stevia
(you could use brown sugar or another baking sugar, but I only had packets)
around 1/4 C chocolate chips
1. Blend canned beans until smooth consistency
2. mix in eggs & whites
3. mix in all other ingredients and blend until smooth & pour into greased pan & sprinkly chocolate chips on top & shake pan so they sink in a bit.
(I used a 9 x 13 pan)
4. preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20-30 minutes until set
5. Let cool then slice into bars (I got 24 bars)
Give em a try! I also think you could sub in protein powder for the oats and use just egg whites if you’re looking to make it even more health conscious.